Senior Software Engineer
Here at CG HQ you are doing more than a ‘job’. You are on a mission. Your mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible. Team up with us as we revolutionize the outdoor fitness industry with all-star trainers, challenging workouts for all fitness levels and community you can count on, on and off the field. How do you play a role in all of this? We’re glad you asked. It takes a village and that includes everything from our caring teammates, standout technology, one-of-a-kind of marketing strategy and everything in-between. CG HQ is the definition of Whatever It Takes. We are made up of hardworking, creative and loyal individuals who are in it for the long haul; CG lifers if you will! We have an unmatched work ethic and culture. If you can get behind a fast pace, unique collaborative work space and fun days, then what are you waiting for? Come find your dream job and new career with Camp Gladiator.
The Tech team is seeking a well rounded developer, with a strong core understanding of programming, logic, system design and development. We would prefer you be strong on the frontend skillset with the ability to support and debug backend systems. You should be adept at picking up and adopting new languages, processes, and technologies. Additionally, you’ll need to be comfortable working in multiple languages, projects, and systems on a daily basis. We need a real code sleuth -- you should be very strong at investigating, discovering and solving issues, often times with limited data.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and maintain various system architecture and API components, in various languages
- Maintenance, repair, and enhancement of existing codebases, both front end and back end
- Maintenance, repair, setup, and enhancement of all components of the system architecture
- Implementation of new features and feature enhancement in multiple code bases
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and repair issues due to code bugs, bad data, hardware configuration, etc.
- Build and support reporting needs
- Participate in programs that align with the mission, vision and values of the company
- Maintain fluent knowledge of company's core products and services
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience
- Strong skill set in system application languages such as PHP, Python, NodeJS, Java
- Strong SQL skills with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres
- Experience with no-sql database such as MongoDB
- Experience with Elixir a plus
- Backend systems and API development
- API development and services
- Development lifecycle
- Automated test development (unit/functional/integration tests)
- Basic knowledge with ticketing systems and Kanban boards
- Cloud computing (AWS, GCloud)
- Version Control (GIT)
- CI/CD (CircleCI or Similar)
- MVC frameworks (YII)
- Docker, K8s
- Relational & Non-Relational Databases
- Basic networking concepts
- Micro service architectures
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We're not just another fitness company, we're a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership (and Spouse Discount)
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- Out of Office Benefit — Generous time off approach with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time salary position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.