We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who is confident in their skills and passionate about their craft. Our ideal candidate has a few years of experience in software development, with experience in both backend and frontend.
You will be working with a group of highly skilled engineers to build the breakthrough solutions our trainers and campers need, all while ensuring the system is stable and scalable.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Become an integral part of a growing engineering organization
- Growth at your own pace - with a clear path to leadership opportunities
- Implement engineering best practices and frameworks to uplift our quality and resiliency
- Collaborate with multiple teams and departments across CG
- Interact with the Engineering Leadership team to get departmental context and participate in decision-making and growth initiatives
- Learn coding standards and best practices to enhance and grow your skills
- Be an advocate for adopting new technologies and processes
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write highly scalable and resilient code to support new or existing APIs and web applications
- Contribute to building our IaaS leveraging Docker, Kubernetes and multiple Cloud Providers
- Learn CI/CD best practices and implementation
- Create technical documentation to support code
- Identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design
- Participate in research efforts to support the improvement of code and architecture
- Maintain fluent knowledge of company's core products and services
- Participate in programs that align to our mission, vision, and values of company
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of backend development experience (preferably in Java)
- 2+ years of experience of frontend development (JS, Typescript, React, Angular, Vue, Elm)
- Proficiency with SQL (MySQL & Postgres)
- Previous work experience with Elixir or PHP is a nice to have
- Experience with Functional Languages is a big plus
- Ability to communicate efficiently across the organization
- Excellent project and time management skills
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. Remote opportunity possible. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.