We’re looking for an outstanding Software Architect to provide leadership, technical acumen and best practices to the engineering organization. You will be responsible for helping build the future engineering state at CG, focusing on just-in-time infrastructure and speed to market.
In this role, you will define and evangelize engineering and architecture best practices and frameworks across multiple teams and disciplines, as well as contribute to the implementation of a robust framework and core architecture. Our Architect will interact closely with our Leaders, Product Team, engineers and key stakeholders in the organization to educate and execute on engineering and architecture principles.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Be a leader for a growing engineering organization
- Define and implement a brand new architecture/system from scratch
- Help build a top notch team and product
- Collaborate with multiple teams and departments across CG
- Interact with the Engineering Leadership team to get departmental context and participate in decision-making and growth initiatives
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Architect All The Things!
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders to understand priorities and build our technical roadmap
- Lead the design and architecture of our new and legacy systems
- Prototype and recommend third party software and tools to be added to our ecosystem
- Set the bar for code quality, by defining best practices and code standards
- Responsible for audits and compliance reviews
- Collaborate to define project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout the project lifecycle
- Coach and mentor our engineers into architectural best practices and decision making processes
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program/product owners
- Document progress and communicate to all key stakeholders
- Be accountable for successful product delivery
- Contribute to build the team culture
- Maintain fluent knowledge of company's core products and services
- Participate in programs that align to our mission, vision, and values of company
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS or MS in Computer Sciences (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of Software Architecture
- 5+ years of hands-on development
- Experience leading teams (managerial experience is a plus)
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, JS, Groovy, Ruby, etc)
- Working experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with multiple front-end technologies and frameworks
- Multi-cloud experience is a big plus
- Solid knowledge on CI/CD and release management/strategies
- Strong knowledge of best-in-class tools and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build frameworks and systems for scalability and reusability
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. Remote opportunity possible. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.