VP of Marketing
Camp Gladiator seeks to grow the business significantly and is searching for an entrepreneurial executive with a drive to optimize marketing. This opportunity has significant responsibility and will give the VP Marketing the ability to put their fingerprint and influence on company growth. This position reports to the CEO and is a part of the leadership team.
Lead and own all marketing within this national fitness company (9-times straight on INC 5000 fastest growing list) that is expanding into more cities and adding new product offerings.
Key to your success will be having a robust digital marketing and brand marketing leadership background in a consumer company.Cast vision and lead the marketing team (6 direct reports, 24 people on marketing team) and inspire execution to obtain stretch goals to meet the mission of the company: To positively impact the physical fitness and ultimately the lives of as many people as possible.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020 into 2021! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ team, we are proud to keep positively impacting lives.
TO SUCCEED VP MARKETING WILL:
- Build a robust digital marketing strategy that drives awareness, customer acquisition and retention.
- Craft messaging and positioning for new virtual digital offering and lead in positioning and messaging.
- Lead your team to communicate memorable stories that evoke emotional attachment to the brand and that builds the reputation and desirability.
- Create and execute marketing strategy to drive brand positioning, brand storytelling, digital and social marketing, partner/channel marketing, guerrilla marketing, and targeted advertising.
- Develop a brand strategy that strengthens brand image and messaging and that acquires and converts new customers and drives subscription revenue.
- Create brand-enhancing, traffic-driving, conversion-focused marketing initiatives that drive and deliver leads
- Define measurements of marketing effectiveness, implement tracking and reporting on measurements, and communicate these regularly with teams and leadership
- Improve marketing ROI by improving segmentation, targeting, and messaging to drive more targeted content to customers
- Conduct and analyze consumer insights to understand brand perception and address gaps in engagement.
- Lead, inspire, and develop, a dynamic team of “A-Player” focused marketers
- Partner with the founders and senior team to set clear expectations for the marketing plan and its impact on budget, headcount, earnings, cash flow, and ROI.
DNA OF SUCCESSFUL VP MARKETING:
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in marketing and/or digital marketing roles in consumer focused companies
- Ability to drive the latest online customer acquisition and engagement initiatives that drive conversion and bottom line results
- Strong integrated marketing mindset to balance online and offline customer acquisition and retention, brand management, partner/channel marketing, paid and earned media, social media, event marketing, guerilla marketing, influencer engagement, and targeted advertising
- Shared belief in the company’s foundational principles and mission to impact lives
- Down to earth, roll-up-your-sleeves personality who can just get it done and rally others to take initiative
- Strong commitment to operating through our core values of passion, positivity, teamwork, and integrity
- Builder of rapport at all levels of the organization
- Strong balance of right and left brain – both creative and innovative but also naturally data-oriented
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.