Marketing Manager, Virtual Product
Camp Gladiator is seeking a talented, self-directed marketeer to drive awareness, Camper adoption and demand generation for Camp Gladiator and a new stand-alone virtual product. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business and an initiative that will truly set CG apart and support our rapid growth plans.
The Virtual Product Marketing Manager is an integral part of the launch team with primary responsibility for supporting ideation and development of a new product, research and consumer insight gathering, cross-functional thought leadership and teamwork while driving results.
This role is for you IF: You are an excellent writer with experience working with agencies and third-party creators. You know how to create and direct creation of compelling content (web copy, videos, blog posts, presentations, sales tools, etc.) and campaigns. You are comfortable getting technical on topics such as Wi-Fi, networking, set-up standards, analytics, systems administration, and other IT topics. In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and Trainers; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Excited about building online communities, enthusiastic about digital marketing, wants to be everywhere there are people
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our Campers, who they are, how they buy, their key buying criteria, and how to group them into segments.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer segments and personas.
- Understand and document the buyer’s journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the product you support, in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Analytical acumen with the ability to pull and analyze data, work with system constraints to build dashboards, develop and track KPIs and make recommendations based on findings.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support the product on an ongoing basis and deliver monthly dashboards with recommended changes.
- Build GTM strategies and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan to lead the launch of net-new product and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing preferred
- Ability to remain calm and good-natured while experiencing bold deadlines.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, both in person and in virtual environments.
- Must be a solid writer.
- Exceptional marketing pipeline, funnel, and ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t – working
- Excellent soft skills to interact with teammates, cross-functional teams, and third parties such as ad agency, PR/Social agency, and research firms.
- Ability to connect with customers on different levels
- A natural passion for Fitness.
- Marketing skills (including copywriting, problem solving, organic social, etc)
- A smart and organized problem-solver that can adapt to constant change and ambiguous situations while simultaneously driving multiple complex projects.
- Exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.