Junior Software Engineer
Here at CG HQ you are doing more than a ‘job’. You are on a mission. Your mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible. Team up with us as we revolutionize the fitness industry with all-star trainers, challenging workouts for all fitness levels and a community you can count on. How do you play a role in all of this? We’re glad you asked. It takes a village and that includes everything from our devoted teammates, standout technology, one-of-a-kind of marketing strategy and everything in between. We are made up of hardworking, creative and loyal individuals who are in it to be a part of the CG mission. We have an unmatched work ethic and culture. If you can get behind a fast pace, unique collaborative workspace and fun days, then what are you waiting for? Come find your dream job and new career with Camp Gladiator.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
We are looking for a talented Junior Software Engineer to join our backend engineering team. As a developer, you would be passionate about building high-quality applications in addition to improving existing ones. Testing must be ingrained in your engineering DNA. You must be proficient in at least one programming language and have a willingness to learn and become proficient in others.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Write backend code to support new or existing web applications
- Writing unit tests and functional tests for backend code
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Create technical documentation to support code
- Manage code in the Git repository and successfully merge changes from other developers to your code
- Participate in research efforts to support the improvement of code and architecture
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field
- 0-4 years experience required
- Must be a proven team player (yes, this is a qualifier)
- Proficiency preferred with PHP and/or Elixir (or other object-oriented or functional languages)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Ability to use Git
- Be interested in functional programming
- Be familiar with the concept of MicroServices
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle, programming techniques, and tools
- Excellent project and time management skills
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.