Jr Financial Analyst
Here at CG HQ you are doing more than a ‘job’. You are on a mission. Your mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible. Team up with us as we revolutionize the outdoor fitness industry with all-star trainers, challenging workouts for all fitness levels and community you can count on, on and off the field. How do you play a role in all of this? We’re glad you asked. It takes a village and that includes everything from our caring teammates, unrivaled technology, one-of-a-kind marketing strategy and everything in-between. CG HQ is the definition of Whatever It Takes. We are made up of hardworking, creative and loyal individuals who are in it for the long haul; CG lifers if you will! We have an unmatched work ethic and culture. If you can get behind a fast pace, unique collaborative work space and fun days, then what are you waiting for? Come find your dream job and new career with Camp Gladiator.
As our Jr. Financial Analyst, you will significantly contribute to the financial analysis, budgeting, metrics development and overall reporting needs of the company. This role has a unique opportunity to build, implement and shape the tools and processes of CG’s financial modeling as well as significantly contribute to cross-departmental efforts and projects related to company performance.
To thrive in this role, you will have a proven track record of success with data-intensive projects and should have a basic understanding of traditional financial forecasting and reporting. Also having an interest in building and working with non-financial data and metrics to inform decision-making should be of interest. We need someone who is comfortable entering a new role with a wide-ranging mix of responsibilities and deliverables expected on an ongoing basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to CG’s Financial Analyst, this role will provide the right person a variety of challenges and responsibilities:
SALES & MARKETING REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Partner with Finance, Marketing, and Field Operations to develop, maintain, and distribute daily, monthly, and camply KPIs, metrics, and sales reporting related to trainer/field performance at a product, region, and company-wide level
- Partner with Finance, Field Operations, and Field Leadership to build and track sales and product budgets
- Study key data and information throughout CG’s systems to help drive conclusions and to aid decision-making relating to sales, customer engagement and satisfaction, pricing levels and pricing structures, customer service operations, customer retention, marketing campaign effectiveness, trainer productivity, and other areas of focus
- Respond to ad-hoc analytics requests and ensure delivery in a timely and accurate manner, working with the FA & CFO to prioritize such requests and to build in automation when possible to reduce request volume
FINANCIAL REPORTING & ANALYSIS
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure that financial information is reported in a way that allows for proper reporting, presentation, and analytics
- Examine draft financial statements prepared by the accounting team each month for inconsistencies, inaccuracies, or other anomalies and investigate/resolve accordingly
- Build department, campaign, and regional financial statements and distribute to relevant business partners
- Work with department managers as needed to determine reasons for variances and to suggest adjustments to the budget/forecast
- Assist the accounting and other departments as time allows to build and deploy spreadsheets and other tools as needed to accomplish their work more efficiently
- Participate in programs that align with our mission, vision and values of company
- Maintain fluent knowledge of company's core products and services
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 0-3 years of experience
- Self-starter who can take ownership of projects and areas of responsibility
- An individual who creatively imagines solutions while taking a measured, careful approach in implementing them to ensure accuracy and excellence in their reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong skills working with databases and datasets
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to make effective decisions and solve problems
- Flexibility & adaptability in an environment of continual growth and change
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information
- Ability to collaborate across several departments
- Experience working in a technology company, a personal or consumer services company, and/or a company heavily enabled by technology, is a plus
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights and/or Netsuite is a plus
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.