Head of Engineering
Transform and disrupt the fitness industry by building a communication platform that recreates the trainer-member experience as they scale from 1,000 trainers in 7 states to 10x trainers and members across the United States. You will pioneer a compelling member experience by inspiring, driving, and leading all phases of technology development (front-end, back-end, quality assurance, leading on and off-shore development teams, etc).
Camp Gladiator (CG) is an award-winning outdoor group fitness program, featuring a network of more than 1,000 independent trainers that leverage the CG platform to serve 80,000 members (customers) across 7 states primarily in the southern United States. Founded in 2008, its recent six consecutive annual appearances on the Inc. 5000 list illustrates its growth rate and positive impact on the physical fitness and lives of individuals around the country! Camp Gladiator is a heavily mission-focused company, and it is critical that all of its leaders can personally connect with its impactful mission statement and enduring core values of teamwork, positivity, loyalty, integrity, and passion.
You are an entrepreneurial executive with a drive to accelerate timelines with the ambition and motivation to build great technology solutions for trainers, members, and back-office operations.
The Head of Engineering is a driven results-oriented technology leader who has a proven record of scaling and optimizing technology operations while holding a standard of excellence in managing teams worldwide.
In this role, the Head of Engineering will shape the experience of members and will impact the physical fitness and lives of individuals around the country.
To Succeed the Head of Engineering Will
- Scale technology to accommodate growth of members joining the platform
- Drive system changes for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and security
- Collaborate in making strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation
- Own back-end and front-end architecture for major strategic initiatives
- Assess and mitigate risks, make engineering tradeoffs, and balance business needs vs tech constraints
- Identify and predict engineering dependencies and communicate their impact on priorities and roadmap
- Prioritize and allocate resources to ensure all initiatives are on time and of the highest quality
- Oversee, maintain and contribute to Engineering documentation
- Scale and lead high-performing software teams globally
- Drive continuous improvement of software development process and outcomes
DNA of a Successful Head of Engineering
- Experience running global front end and backend engineering teams, IT operations, infrastructure, and QA
- Proven track record implementing large scale enterprise integrations and building customer facing applications and tools
- Ability to lead decentralized and globally dispersed engineering teams on and offshore
- Loves to compete with an optimistic attitude
- High energy, high capacity, high integrity, and is self-motivated
- Great ability to solve problems
- Mobile and B2C experience
- Prior experience in engineering leadership
- Strong engineering discipline
- Excels in managing people and guiding technical strategy/implementation
- Knowledge of the full stack of technology: iOS, Android, AWS
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.