Finance Intern (Fall 2021 Internship)
Here at CG HQ you are doing more than a ‘job’. You are on a mission. Your mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible. Team up with us as we revolutionize the outdoor fitness industry with all-star trainers, challenging workouts for all fitness levels and community you can count on, on and off the field. How do you play a role in all of this? We’re glad you asked. It takes a village and that includes everything from our caring teammates, unrivaled technology, one-of-a-kind of marketing strategy and everything in-between. CG HQ is the definition of Whatever It Takes. We are made up of hardworking, creative and loyal individuals who are in it for the long haul; CG lifers if you will! We have an unmatched work ethic and culture. If you can get behind a fast pace, unique collaborative work space and fun days, then what are you waiting for? Come find your dream job and new career with Camp Gladiator.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
Camp Gladiator’s Finance Intern will significantly contribute to the financial analysis, budgeting, metrics development, and reporting needs of the company. This individual will have a unique opportunity as the company continues to grow to build, implement, and shape the tools and processes of CG’s financial modeling as well as to contribute significantly to cross-departmental efforts and projects related to the measurement and analysis of company performance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to CG’s Financial Analyst, this role will provide the right person a variety of challenges and responsibilities:
- Support the Finance team in building the annual budget for the company year, including revenue, cost of revenues, and operating expenses
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure that financial information is reported by the accounting team in a way that allows for proper reporting, presentation, and analytics
- Examine draft financial statements prepared by the accounting team each month for inconsistencies, inaccuracies, or other anomalies and investigate/resolve accordingly
- Build department, campaign, and regional financial statements and distribute to relevant business partners
- Work with department managers as needed to determine reasons for variances and to suggest adjustments to the budget/forecast
- Organize month-end department budget/forecast meetings for fiscal year
Non-Financial Analysis, KPI/Metrics Development, and Ad-Hoc Reporting:
- Study key data and information throughout CG’s systems to identify business trends and drivers, and to aid decision-making relating to sales, customer engagement and satisfaction, pricing levels and pricing structures, customer service operations, customer retention, marketing campaign effectiveness, trainer productivity, and other areas of focus
- Respond to ad-hoc analytics requests and ensure delivery in a timely and accurate manner, working with the Financial Analyst & FP&A Manager to prioritize such requests and to build in automation when possible to reduce request volume
- Provide reporting, analysis, and presentation development support across departments related to reporting on trainer/field performance metrics at an area, region, and company-wide level
- Assist the accounting and other departments as time allows to build and deploy spreadsheets and other tools as needed to accomplish their work more efficiently
- Participate in programs that align with our mission, vision and values of company
- Maintain fluent knowledge of company's core products and services
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in progress: Business, finance, accounting, economics, or MIS major is preferred.
- Self-starter who can take ownership of projects and areas of responsibility
- An individual who creatively imagines solutions while taking a measured, careful approach in implementing them to ensure accuracy and excellence in their reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Interest in working with databases and datasets
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy and ability to make effective decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable in an environment of continual growth and change
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interpersonal sensitivity, with an ability to collaborate across many levels of departments of a business
- Please note that we do NOT petition for H1-B visas from student visas.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We're not just another fitness company, we're a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Memberships
- Gear Discounts
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
This is a Fall internship located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.