Here at CG HQ you are doing more than a ‘job’. You are on a mission. Your mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible. Team up with us as we revolutionize the outdoor fitness industry with all-star trainers, challenging workouts for all fitness levels and community you can count on, on and off the field. How do you play a role in all of this? We’re glad you asked. It takes a village and that includes everything from our caring teammates, unrivaled technology, one-of-a-kind marketing strategy and everything in-between. CG HQ is the definition of Whatever It Takes. We are made up of hardworking, creative and loyal individuals who are in it for the long haul; CG lifers if you will! We have an unmatched work ethic and culture. If you can get behind a fast pace, unique collaborative work space and fun days, then what are you waiting for? Come find your dream job and new career with Camp Gladiator.
We are seeking a new grad who is passionate about event coordination to assist our Events team in research, organization and preparation of large and small events. CG events play a large role in helping us to achieve our mission to impact the physical fitness and ultimately the lives of as many people as possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct venue research, site visits and review and negotiate contracts
- Manage event budgets and ensure they are adhered to
- Coordinate event logistics, design and production -- venue, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, attendee list, sponsorships/partners, special guests, speakers, equipment, promotional materials, event correspondence, registration and attendee tracking
- Coordinate AV needs -- content organization, create slides, create media agenda and provide materials support, AV support
- Plan staff requirements and create staffing schedule
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Partner with marketing to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Maintain event inventory of decor, AV equipment, computers and other display materials
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Responsible for Academy [10 times per year], Base Camp, Offsite Planning Meeting, AD Academy [2 times per year], EL Academy [2 times per year], Vision Meeting, ABLE Minds [2 times per year] and AD Leadership [3 times per year]
- Support Events team with planning of SUMMIT, NEXT, Winners Circle Trip, Games Finals, Games Prelims and more
- Participate in programs that align with the mission, vision and values of the company
- Maintain fluent knowledge of company's core products and services
- Requires approximately 10% travel to out -of-town events and site visits
- Academy: An event intended to motivate, educate, and equip our new Trainers in order to get them off to a successful launch with CG. Expected attendance -- 50-100.
- Base Camp: Trainers in leadership attend this annual event to prepare CG leadership for success in the coming year through intentional planning, development and by staying Mission focused (lead, connect, prepare) Expected attendance -- 300 in November 2019.
- AD Academy: To educate and equip newly appointed Area Directors so they may continue to develop their skill sets, capacity and leadership and ensure consistency and quality at the AD level. Expected attendance -- 10-20.
- EL Academy: An event intended to expand CG by developing the mindsets, skills and capacities of our Elite Leaders. Expected attendance -- 10-20.
- Vision Meeting: Leadership Culture, Recalibration of Mission & Values, Assessment of Systems & Efficiencies -- performance review, go-forward planning. Expected attendance -- 30.
- Offsite Planning Meeting: Select group of individuals that help develop strategies to capitalize on opportunities and overcome challenges CG is facing. Expected attendance -- 30.
- ABLE Minds: This leadership mindset event is hosted by Jeff Davidson. New Trainers attend Able Minds Level 1 & 2 after SUMMIT & NEXT. Expected attendance -- 250.
- AD Leadership: Trainers in leadership get together 3 times a year to develop their leadership skills. Expected attendance -- 200.
- Next: Trainers from all regions attend this annual three-day conference that focuses on business training and creating vision for the upcoming year. Trainers bond through participating in fieldwork, socials and hands on breakout sessions. Expected attendance -- 1300 in December 2019.
- Summit: Trainers from all regions attend this annual two-day conference to learn techniques to improve the product and to become better equipped trainers. Trainers bond through participating in fieldwork, socials and hands on breakout sessions. Expected attendance -- 1,000 in June 2019.
- Winners Circle Trip: Annual award trip for top producing trainers. Expected attendance -- 180 in July 2019.
- CG Games Finals: Annual one-day nationwide fitness competition. Expected attendance -- 1200+ competitors & 1000+ volunteers/spectators in November 2019.
- CG Games Prelims: This is the first stage and the official kickoff to CG Games! Each year, thousands of Athletes of all fitness levels nationwide compete to make it to Finals. At the end of Prelims, the top Athletes are invited to move on to the next stage of the competition, CG Games Finals. Over 9,500 athletes participated in 2018 Games Prelims.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor degree required
- 0-2 years of experience -- New Grads preferred
- Excellent communication with external vendors required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of administrative principles
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with ProPresenter and AV troubleshooting
- Work ethic full of grit and a What It Takes attitude
- Interest in promoting the Camp Gladiator mission: To positively impact the physical fitness and ultimately the lives of as many people as possible
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We're not just another fitness company, we're a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB -- Generous time off approach with results-driven partership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.