Director of Operations
Camp Gladiator (CG) is an award-winning outdoor group fitness program, featuring a network of more than 1,000 independent trainers that leverage the CG platform to serve 80,000 members (customers) across 7 states primarily in the southern United States. Founded in 2008, its recent six consecutive annual appearances on the Inc. 5000 list illustrates its growth rate and positive impact on the physical fitness and lives of individuals around the country! Camp Gladiator is a heavily mission-focused company, and it is critical that all of its leaders can personally connect with its impactful mission statement and enduring core values of teamwork, positivity, loyalty, integrity, and passion. CG employees think of themselves as family, and we are looking to add a team member that values this type of environment!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Camp Gladiator is seeking a Director of Operations to lead our Field Success, Sales Operations and Camper Support Teams. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be in a strategic position to lead and manage the internal Operational teams that support our 1000+ CG Trainers and hundreds of thousands of customers across multiple regions and states. The Director of Operations will be responsible for supporting and executing on all Field, Sales Operations and company wide events. This includes leading the projects, and initiatives designed to optimize and grow our Trainer and Camper base. This is done by collaborating with CG’s extensive field of trainers at all levels, partnering with Executive Leadership team, as well as, optimizing the camper experience through operational effectiveness and scalability.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10+ years of experience in operations in an industry that involves a high degree of coordination of distributed/field-based teams and headquarters teams and systems
- Experience in leading multiple teams serving unique functions
- Proven success in developing people and prioritizing team culture
- Operations experience in a geographically distributed business environment at a manager or director level
- Experience working alongside and in support of field sales teams, sales leadership, and sales operations
- Experience in a consumer business is a huge plus (such as retail operations, human or personal services, or consumer subscription-based business models)
- Experience in different sizes of organizations preferred, such as start-up environments and in larger or mid-market business environments
- A proactive, driven, yet humble approach to department and business-level challenges and opportunities, and experience working in dynamic environments of great change and growth
- Strong project management skills and SLA/escalation design experience
- Analytical, data-driven, and able to interpret complex data, identify trends, and evaluate existing or create new KPIs
- Well-acquainted with leading teams and assessing operations through metrics
- Is a relational connector - able to bring people together to solve problems, and a proven track record of working through others
- Experience leveraging technology to automate tasks in various areas including telephone and digital-based support functions
- Experience working with CRM and other enterprise tools, including involvement in implementation projects
- Experience with sales reporting, sales compensation analysis and design, and end to end sales process tracking and analysis
- Strong strategic thinking and learning agility
- A high "say/do" ratio with a strong track record of consistent delivery
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan with Semi-annual Payout Opportunities
- Major Medical Insurance
- Wellness Program (with generous HSA contributions or medical premium reductions)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement account with Match Opportunity
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- Free CG Membership
- Our “Out of Office Benefit” functions as an “open/unlimited PTO” plan
Cultural & Development Opportunities:
- A company-developed Leadership Intensive program involving all manager and functional leaders—a monthly seminar-style gathering where external and internal leaders teach on various matters across leadership and business acumen topics
- A weekly 45 minute company “all hands” meeting each Wednesday morning where company updates, news, education, and often a great deal of fun occurs!
- Semi-annual “fun days” where all headquarters teams goes off-site for activities such as paddle boarding, escape room, meals, improv, tubing down a river, etc.!
- CG HQ has adopted the term fun-datory with many of our cultural activities! It is encouraged to attend the many events we have throughout the year and space is created in the work day for dedicated time to gather as a company. Cultural events include an annual chili cook-off, guest speakers on relevant topics, and a Thanksgiving potluck to name a few.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.