Director of Growth Marketing
We are looking to add a Director of Growth to our integrated marketing team responsible for developing strategic marketing plans which evolve around activation, sales-driving promotions, and retention while maximizing ROI. The right candidate is not only a strategist, but a growth expert who can thrive in a fast-paced environment to build and scale. You must be results-driven, a strong leader, passionate about creating a seamless consumer experience and able to drive efforts to identify and transform our growth marketing department.
We are looking for a highly analytical, creative and strategic leader who can rally cross functionally to a shared growth vision. If you would like to build a future where you positively impact the lives of millions of people through fitness, this role might be for you.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead CG’s growth marketing efforts including the development and deployment of the strategy to drive transformational camper growth and retention across the business.
- Lead and develop a world class growth marketing team with expertise across activation, sales and retention while being an incredible partner to the paid and earned media channels and their functional leaders.
- Create the roadmaps for: channel development and optimization; measurement, analytics and reporting; and the infrastructure including marketing technology to support.
- Analyze large sets of data and identify actionable conclusions to understand consumer behavior and drive growth
- Drive innovation across the team identifying new opportunity areas for growth. Champion efforts to ideate, test, iterate, and optimize growth through channel and product optimizations.
- Improve operational efficiencies to enable growth at scale, reduce churn and support aggressive KPI’s.
- Partner well across the organization including Tech Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance and Operations.
- Drive the growth marketing plan that supports the next stage of CG’s. Plan to include roadmaps for new market expansion: trainer recruitment, channel development and optimization; measurement, analytics and reporting; and the infrastructure including all marketing aspects to support.
- Partner with Digital team to build out the ideal end-to-end online experience; set the strategies and tactics to optimize funnels and execute against them.
- Set monthly performance targets and deliver scalable growth month over month
- Build and develop the Growth Marketing team inclusive of our Email Marketing Manager, Campaign Team, and New Market Expansion Team while being an incredible partner and integrated thought partner for our Digital Marketing Team and Web Marketing Manager.
- Organize and lead weekly meetings, present reporting, prove analysis and recommendations
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years of customer acquisition and growth marketing experience preferably in a direct to consumer or high growth organization.
- Broad understanding of the Organic, Paid and Earned Media channels used for trainer and customer acquisition and retention including: Email, SEO, SEM, Display, Video, Social, Web, App, Content Marketing.
- Deep experience in measurement, analytics and reporting including experience with A/B testing, multi-touch attribution and media mix models.
- Strong email marketing experience with knowledge of acquisition, segmentation, analytics, and optimization, Salesforce and Marketing Cloud Experience preferred
- A clear passion for Marketing and consumer experience. Up to date on emerging trends and platforms while actively learning and maintaining fluent knowledge of CG’s core products and membership types
- Strong relationship builder – interpersonal skills that enable partnership, drives enthusiasm, and supports strategic thinking.
- A proven growth leader with a track record of driving measurable outcomes.
- Minimum BA/BS. Degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- Strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- Ability to prioritize positive impact over busy work
- Advocacy for transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be skilled (and love!) using data to inform and optimize programs
- A smart and organized problem-solver that can adapt to constant change and ambiguous situations while simultaneously driving multiple complex projects.
- Ability to remain calm and good-natured while experiencing bold deadlines.
- A natural passion for Fitness.
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.