Director of Engineering
Here at CG HQ you are doing more than a ‘job’. You are on a mission. Your mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible. Team up with us as we revolutionize the outdoor fitness industry with all-star trainers, challenging workouts for all fitness levels and community you can count on, on and off the field. How do you play a role in all of this? We’re glad you asked. It takes a village and that includes everything from our caring teammates, standout technology, one-of-a-kind of marketing strategy and everything in-between. CG HQ is the definition of Whatever It Takes. We are made up of hardworking, creative and loyal individuals who are in it for the long haul; CG lifers if you will! We have an unmatched work ethic and culture. If you can get behind a fast pace, unique collaborative work space and fun days, then what are you waiting for? Come find your dream job and new career with Camp Gladiator.
The Director of Engineering is a driven results-oriented technology leader who has a proven record of scaling and optimizing technology operations while holding a standard of excellence in managing teams worldwide. In this role, the Director of Engineering will shape the experience of members and will impact the physical fitness and lives of individuals around the country. You will pioneer a compelling member experience by inspiring, driving, and leading all phases of technology development (front-end, back-end, quality assurance, leading on and off-shore development teams, etc). You are an entrepreneurial executive with a drive to accelerate timelines with the ambition and motivation to build great technology solutions for trainers, members, and back-office operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
To succeed, the Director of Engineering will:
- Direct the software development and release process with the goal of delivering software releases on time, on budget, with high quality and according to agreed-up scope.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the development teams.
- Ensures high quality in developed applications through documentation, client communication and management of release processes.
- Collaborate with Tech Product, CG managers, senior management, and extended staff on project status and related project information.
- Ensure appropriate resources are identified, hired, and retained.
- Learn new ways to build amazing software, systems, and people by actively participating in a culture of Collaboration, Innovation, Delivery, and Caring.
- Help establish a diverse and inclusive organization fostering a positive, supportive, and fun work environment while providing an opportunity for team members to try new roles and take on new responsibilities.
- Mentor growing juniors, curious peers, and engaged leaders.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Coach teammates in both technology and culture from a position of experience.
- Dive into a tough problem with confidence and a collaborative attitude.
- Scale technology to accommodate the growth of members joining the platform
- Drive system changes for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and security
- Collaborate in making strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation
- Own back-end and front-end architecture for major strategic initiatives
- Assess and mitigate risks, make engineering tradeoffs, and balance business needs vs tech constraints
- Identify and predict engineering dependencies and communicate their impact on priorities and roadmap
- Prioritize and allocate resources to ensure all initiatives are on time and of the highest quality
- Scale and lead high-performing software teams globally
- Drive continuous improvement of software development process and outcomes
DNA of a successful Director of Engineering:
- Experience running global front-end and backend engineering teams, infrastructure, and QA
- Proven track record implementing large scale enterprise integrations and building customer-facing applications and tools
- The ability to build people and teams through servant leadership and collaborative work practices.
- Ability to present complex technical ideas to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to lead decentralized and globally dispersed engineering teams on and offshore
- Loves to compete with an optimistic attitude
- High energy, high capacity, high integrity, and is self-motivated
- Delivering software in a CI/CD and multiple environment configurations.
- Ability to deliver projects in an Agile, Lean, or Kanban format.
- Great ability to solve problems
- Mobile and B2C experience
- Prior experience in engineering leadership
- Strong engineering discipline
- Excels in managing people and guiding technical strategy/implementation
- Knowledge of the full stack of technology: iOS, Android, AWS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading highly collaborative software development teams.
- 8-10 years of hands-on full stack Software Engineering experience.
- Prior microservices experience.
- Experience with a variety of cloud-based systems and technologies.
- Design architecture and patterns experience.
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We're not just another fitness company, we're a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership (and Spouse Discount)
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- Out of Office Benefit — Generous time off approach with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time salary position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.