Director of Communications
We are looking to add a Director of Communications to our team. The right candidate is an expert communicator who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be results-driven, a strong leader, passionate about creating messaging and talking points for products, promotions/offers, and subscription options based on personas, ensuring a consistent tone across all marketing and communications, and overseeing reputation management initiatives. This role is intended to support cross-functional integrated communications to ensure a consistent voice across all stories, promotions, members and products.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms
- Strong ability to craft compelling, audience relevant messages and stories..
- Create positioning, messaging and talking points for all products, promotions/offers, and subscription options.
- Establish benefit statements for products, promotions/offers, and subscription options based on personas and communicate across CG (Trainers and all departments).
- Establish and lead efforts to identify and amplify the Ally Brand (Founder persona, audience growth and engagement)
- Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members, influencers, ambassadors, and community leaders.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles and program development and demonstrated knowledge of effective engagement processes and tools.
- A smart and organized problem-solver that can adapt to constant change and ambiguous situations while simultaneously driving multiple complex projects.
- Lead and manage the Engagement team including Special Projects, PR & Social Media
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions delivering results aligned to KPI’s.
- Create and manage budget for engagement team.
- Manage company brand and reputation. Ensuring the public views the organization favorably.
- Responsible for ensuring our social campaigns delight and surprise
- Campers which results in increasing social followers, engagement, and ultimately Camper retention.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Support HQ and Trainer enablement by developing and communicating product, promos, and offer announcements via email, webinar, or video, to launch new product, promo/offers.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Ability to remain calm and good-natured while experiencing bold deadlines.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Impeccable storytelling, copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Strong public speaking/ presentation skills that inspire and motivate teammates as well as Field Leaders.
- Strong leadership track record
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline
- 10+ years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
- 3+ years people management with a passion for building and motivating a high performing team.
- Product Marketing and Branding experience a plus
- Experience building founder/celebrity personal brand a bonus
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.