We’re looking to add an experienced Copywriter to our Marketing team that will collaborate to develop the lead messaging, communication strategy, and content, throughout all channels of the business. Our ideal candidate has experience and curiosity in writing for everything from brand campaigns, promotional campaigns, social captions to subject lines. You must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Previous experience in communications, creating and implementing strategies and developing content is required.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with Art Director in the creation and maintenance of an editorial style guide for the brand’s messaging across all products
- Collaborate with the Art Director and creative team to develop campaign concepts, messaging, and strategy
- Collaborate with the creative team to ensure that all promotional materials are aligned with the brand’s identity and are cohesive across copy and visual elements
- Articulate and maintain a clear, consistent brand voice
- Provide and edit for brand-right messaging across a multitude of platforms - examples include: social copy on-image, caption copy, email headlines and body copy.
- Support all in-house teams/channels with external communications (spanning from events, to trainer communications, to marketing gear/apparel, etc)
- Adhere to commonly used style guides/grammar best practices and encourage compliance across teams
- Partner with key stakeholders (email, social, digital) to apply campaign learnings, observed trends and data patterns to messaging in future projects
- Analyze marketing best practices & trends to implement in messaging strategy
- Support a test-and-learn environment by creating messaging that can be A/B tested for efficacy and impact
- Use best practices to optimize website, emails, blog etc. for user experience and SEO
- Optimize copy to improve the conversion rates and performance of ads, emails and web pages
- Advocate for the end-user and ensure copy/communications enrich their experience with CG
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, PR, Advertising, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing content and copy for agency or other brands
- Experience connecting and developing core messaging for full campaigns
- Know the ins and outs of the latest marketing and creative trends, identifying where the company or clients can implement new initiatives
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while collaborating with several teams
- Highly organized, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Capable of thinking creatively and analytically
- Strong work ethic
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.