Accounting Coordinator (Staff Accountant)
We are seeking an early career, detail-oriented Accounting Coordinator to join our Accounting team at CG. This role will be responsible for performing month close duties including posting journal entries, performing balance sheet reconciliations, revenue calculations, and ensuring overall accuracy of financials. Other duties include participating in external audits, processing payroll, and other special projects. This role requires you to be analytical, collaborative, and trustworthy. CG's Accounting team thrives on positivity and teamwork amongst all members.
We’re excited to share that Camp Gladiator has experienced exponential company growth throughout 2020! When most gym offerings in the fitness industry are closing, CG is still providing a safe workout option for Campers across the nation - now with both outdoor AND virtual workouts! With record rates of customer retention, persistent recruiting of amazing Trainers across the nation and a growing HQ employment headcount, we’re proud to keep impacting lives positively.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with other members of the Accounting and Finance team to compile, analyze, and report financial data
- Significant month-end close work including preparing journal entries, bank account reconciliations, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly analysis as needed
- Monthly revenue calculation and analysis
- Perform preliminary review of financial statements, and work with accounting team members and the finance department to identify variances and other required updates
- Process semi-monthly Payroll
- Respond to information requests related to our annual financial statement audit, information needed for tax preparation, and other internal and external information requests
- Review and collaborate with accounts payable teammates to ensure coding accuracy
- Utilize our accounting software to enter information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate
- Innovate by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, continuing education, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Participate in programs that align with the mission, vision, and values of the company
- Maintain fluent knowledge of the company’s core products and services
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, with exposure to all parts of the income statement and balance sheet
- General understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong problem solving, planning, and researching skills
- Strict attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, and a desire for ongoing learning and development
- The rare opportunity to impact the masses. We’re not just another fitness company, we’re a collective of driven, mission-focused people who are setting out to positively transform lives and communities for the better.
- Free Camp Gladiator Membership & Spouse Discount
- Gear Discounts
- Three Tiers of Medical
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- CG Wellness Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account with Match
- Casual & Fitness Professional Dress Code
- OOOB — Time off with results-driven partnership
This is a full-time position located in Austin, Texas at CG Headquarters. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Due to the great number of resumes we receive, regrettably, we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in a position or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from Camp Gladiator will contact you in the near future.