The Health and Well-Being of our CG Community
5/18/21 UPDATE: After recent updates to the CDC's recommendations, we are lifting precautionary measures for shared equipment and social distancing. Reach out to your Trainer if you have any questions about measures in place at our outdoor locations.
5/13/20 Original Post:
We’re taking it (back) outside at many of our locations! During this transition, Camp Gladiator remains focused on the health and safety of our Campers and Trainers. We are carefully monitoring city and state policies as we begin our return to in-person Camps and are diligently updating protocols and practices to best serve our community.
In-Person Camp Procedures:
Across all of our open locations, CG is committed to the following safety measures:
- Mats will be placed 10 feet apart during the workout so that Campers and Trainers will maintain social distance at all times.
- Campers are encouraged to bring and use their own mat and dumbbells
- If Campers choose to use shared equipment provided by the Trainer, hand sanitizer must be used before and after each use
- Download the CG App and bring your phone to each workout so you can use it to check in
- Celebrate and motivate with encouraging words, but avoid all physical contact. Air-fives all day!
- Trainers will be aware of specific requirements suggested and/or required by the CDC and each State/County/City Government.
- Please do not come to Camp if you do not feel well, or have had contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 or may have COVID-19. Check your symptoms with the CDC here.
- If you are “at-risk” due to age or pre-conditions, seek medical advice
*Camper minimum may vary based on certain government regulations. Talk to your Trainer directly for location-specific requirements.
If you are an active BOLD Camper, you still have the opportunity to get in a great CG workout using our virtual workout program! Even as we are able to transition our workouts back outside, some Campers may want or need to stay home. Therefore, virtual locations will still be accessible through the CG App or through the Virtual Workout Schedule. Good news: our virtual workouts are here to stay!
Outdoor location reopenings will be handled with mindfulness for our community. During this transition, we fully believe that whether online or outside, we will continue to be #BetterTogether.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I find which locations are going back outside?
Your Trainer is your best resource! They are diligently keeping up with state and local regulations alongside CG, and will let you know when they plan on taking it (back) outside. They have been fully equipped to lead you in this transition so stay tuned for updates from them!
Is CG requiring face masks?
Masks are not required by CG, but may be within certain areas/cities. Talk to your Trainer for more details on your local requirements.
Is my Trainer going to be looking at an iPad during the workout if they're leading in-person and virtual Camps?
We are ensuring that the outdoor workouts remain an individual experience from our virtual Camps, so everyone gets the full CG experience wherever they are!
What about the equipment that we typically share?
If possible, please bring your own dumbbells and mat to each workout! If you choose to use shared equipment provided by the Trainer, hand sanitizer must be used before and after each use.
Set yourself up for success with outcome-based and process-based goals
Creating goals is a good starting place to help point you in the right direction, but your daily actions and behaviors over time will ultimately determine if you are successful or not. So we encourage establishing outcome-based goals like S.M.A.R.T. goals AND process-based goals to help you ultimately change your behavior over time.Read More
Learn to Measure Your Heart Rate for Optimal Performance
In this day and age, most of us walk around with fitness watches, like a FitBit or an Apple watch. These awesome gadgets track our heart rate (HR) and are great tools to track your intensity during a workout. When we workout our HR spikes into different HR zones. Each of these zones are beneficial in different ways and can be lined up perfectly with the CG 4 week cycle.Read More